Monday 27 January 2014

there's no place like home

Home sweet home. I'm back in sunny Melbourne after an awesome adventure to foggy Londontown! Home is sweet after six weeks away. There is a new appreciation for the sight of the rugged landscape and the summery smell of Australia. There truly is no place quite like home. 

I am thankful for my time on European shores spent in the home of my twin sister and brother-in-law. In the last week, I ticked off the remaining items on my to-see list: I visited Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery, shopped at the eclectic Camden market, took my sister out to a goodbye lunch, and prepared myself for the long trip home. Fortunately, I've discovered the trick to sleeping on planes (and public transport in general) - wear an eye mask and ear plugs, take melatonin, and be content with rest if you can't sleep (this generally means you'll fall asleep as you aren't kept awake worrying about not sleeping!).

Next week, I'm back into my day job of teaching the art of singing, but as for now… I am recovering from my jet lag and enjoying the warm days ahead. I am excited for this new year and the potential for what it holds! I'm a planner and as such, I've many plans for 2014. But, I also trust in a God who is bigger than me and has greater plans for my life than I could ever wish, hope or dream. 

I've previously shared with you my plans to begin my health coaching practice this year around July and I'll be keeping you updated as the months pass. Over the coming weeks, you can expect blog posts on the topics of treatments for candidiasis, my thoughts on quitting sugar, how to listen to your body and what cravings are saying, more methods for detoxing, and more healthy and delicious raw vegan recipes!

Thank you again for taking the time to read my blog posts. If you have any topic requests please let me know via the comments section below. I look forward to journeying with you in this new year! Be blessed! X


Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery, London


Camden market and a delightful raw vegan dessert!


Saying good bye to my twin sister… again!!!


Memories and good times from my UK trip!


Rebooting my health with this yummy green juice

Quote for the Road…


For whatsoever from one place doth fall,
Is with the tide unto an other brought;
For there is nothing lost, that may be found, if sought.
- Edmund Spenser, The Faerie Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment