Tuesday 24 December 2013

raw food from foggy londontown

Hello from foggy Londontown! I've been here with my twin sister and brother-in-law for one week already and as the weather warms up in my hometown Melbourne, let me tell you, it is becoming colder, wetter and windier here in London.


Saying goodbye to my parents at the Melbourne airport

Despite this, I am well! Travelling is hard on anybody so I am learning how to maintain my self-care as I travel. Why is this important? Like most people, I want to be able to enjoy my holiday and make the most of my far-and-away adventures! And I am!


Happy home; happy heart

Everyday I am posting an Instagram photo so that family and friends (and strangers!) can follow my travels while I am here in Europe. You can also find my travel photos on Facebook or follow my page here for notifications of blog posts. 


Heal the gut, heal the body - drinking kombucha & eating sauerkraut



raw vegetable curry with cauliflower rice


vegetable curry
seasonal vegetables, roughly chopped
chickpeas, cooked or sprouted
fresh green leafy vegetables (e.g. spinach)
handful of activated almonds, chopped
marinara sauce with garam masala, to taste

cauliflower rice
1/2 head cauliflower
1/4 cup dried desiccated coconut
fresh mint leaves, finely chopped

Blend the marinara sauce (add the garam masala according to taste) in a high-powered blender and toss with the prepared seasonal vegetables, chickpeas, greens and almonds. Process the cauliflower in a food processor (or high-powered blender) until the texture is grainy like rice, and combine with the desiccated coconut and fresh mint. Warm up the dish in a dehydrator or an oven on the lowest setting with the door ajar. Serves 4.

Bon appétit!


My local health food store, oh yeah!


Christmas carols service at Hillsong London

And finally, I'd like to sign off by wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas this year. As we celebrate with our loved ones let us remember to be thankful for the best gift of all at Christmas - a baby in a manger, the Lord Jesus Christ!
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6, ESV). 

No comments:

Post a Comment