Thursday 4 July 2013

spring clean your body with colonics & coffee enemas

My dear readers! Thank you for being so good and waiting patiently for this blog post that I know you are all hanging out to read. Like I promised in my last blog post we will be delving into the ins and outs of colonics and coffee enemas. You've had to wait a little while longer for this topic because last week I finished up my Internship and went on an awesome retreat with Planetshakers College... to... the... snow!!! 


Now, these are the dodgiest photos ever taken on my trusty - ok, slowly breaking apart - iPhone, but, they are evidence that I was at the snow, snow skiing for the second time in my life, ever! And, I only fell over once, as I was getting off the chair lift at the summit of Mt Buller for the umpteenth time! 


Proof that I was actually at the snow!


I certainly do love God's beautiful creation!


Ok, so the topic you've all been waiting for - colonics and coffee enemas. Like I wrote in my last post, our bodies remove waste through our bowels. And we can assist this process with the aid of colonics and coffee enemas. Our bodies are designed to eliminate waste and toxins in this way. During my food journey I have discovered two keys that help the healing process along. One, improve my digestion. I do this through making active choices about what I put into my mouth. Two, improve my elimination. And elimination is about what comes out the other end. You get what I'm saying.

Unfortunately, no matter how "clean" we may eat most of us have impacted waste in our digestive tract that has accumulated over time. This waste can release toxins into your body that can contribute to illness and a general malaise (the feeling of being unwell). I have found that an important part of the healing process has been to detoxify my body. I do this through eating an organic, high raw plant-based diet, drinking lots of filtered water, exercising regularly, water and juice fasting, dry skin brushing, and, through coffee enemas!

Coffee enemas may seem like a new fad but they have a long history that goes back to World War I. The remedy was used to provide relief to injured soldiers as drugs such as morphine were not readily available. Dr Max Gerson then incorporated this remedy into his natural treatment of cancer, which is known as Gerson Therapy. The purpose of the coffee enema is not necessarily to remove all the waste from the colon but to detoxify the liver and therefore to remove toxins from the body. The caffeine in the coffee travels through the haemorrhoidal and portal veins and into the liver, which is stimulated by the caffeine to dump nasty toxins into your bowel, which then ends up in your toilet. A coffee enema fast tracks the job that your liver is designed to do, which is to detoxify your body.

To read more about how to administer a coffee enema check out these blog posts here and here by The Wellness Warrior.

Now, a colonic cleans out your colon and removes impacted waste. Just so you know, I've never had a colonic before. But, it's on my to-do list for this year! During a colonic, which must be administered by a professional, water is gently infused into the colon through the rectum. As the clean water flows in, the waste flows out of the body. The old, impacted waste that has accumulated on the walls of your colon is released through the gentle pressure of the water. In some clinics, a colonic therapist will be with you to massage your abdomen in order to encourage the removal of this waste. If that freaks you out, you can also have a colonic without the massage! There are two clinics in Melbourne that offer both of these options: Australian Colon Health and Colon Care Clinic. Click on these links for further information.

I hope that by reading this blog post, you have received some insight into how important it is to assist the body's elimination process through our lifestyle choices, and through colonics and coffee enemas. As cringeworthy as this topic may be to you, the benefits of cleansing and detoxifying through the bowel far outweigh any embarrassment associated with it! You will feel lighter, cleaner and more energetic after a colonic or coffee enema, I promise. And your body will thank you for it. Say goodbye to the old waste and say hello to the new you!


No comments:

Post a Comment